Saturday, February 24, 2024

A therapuetic walk in the park. Winter 2024 edition

I am capping this month of love, this month of February with a thoughtful retrospection from my end. 

February has been a roller coaster ride of emotions. It has been a constant high and low period, a bumpy road so to speak. I made it through first and foremost with the grace of my Lord, His grace and His compassion and with the constant support from my loved ones, my support system. 

I have been very consistent in saying that charity begins at home. It was imperative on my part to be charitable, to be kind and to be loving to myself. If I am not healthy, if I am unhappy or if I am not well, how can I take care of my love ones? I can only give what I have. If I do not have peace of mind, I am agitated, how can I extend love, help and support to the people around me?  

Even if this month of love has been difficult for me, I am grateful that I made sometime to reassert my priorities and to take care of myself. I invested on my favorite low cost activity. :) quiet, long, solitude walk in the park. 

Living within the city centre radius has given me access to the Parque del Buen Retiro, the equivalent of New York´s Central Park. I am one with nature, with peace during my quiet walks in the Retiro Park. Though I am still far from recovery, my walks in the park, have helped me recharge. 

I am looking forward to the rest of February and to what life has in store for me and my love ones. 

Sharing with you some snapshots taken from the Retiro Park. 
*All photos are mine, taken with my Iphone.












No comments:

Post a Comment