Thursday, June 21, 2018

Remembering you my father dear..

Today is my father's 16th death anniversary.  It is an integral part of our rich and strong Filipino heritage to commemorate the lives of our departed loved ones. We usually visit our departed loved ones in the cemetery, request for a mass offering and normally,it is a family affair. We are very clannish, we cook the favorite dishes of our departed loved ones and recall his or her beautiful life as we share his favorite foods.

As I am living overseas, I commemorated my father's 16th anniversary with a Church visit where I said my personal prayers. I cooked one of my father's favorite dishes, Igado. I called my mom to ask for her recipe. I also bought fresh, beautiful flowers. I made a simple offering and prayers. 

It hasbeen 16 long years.... I love you always Papa and thank you for appearing 2x in my dreams this week. I was all giddy and happy when I shared the details of my dreams to mama and my siblings. My heart is so full as I recall your voice and smile,even only in my dreams. Thank you for everything and for continuously touching our lives. I love you always. 



No comments:

Post a Comment