Saturday, June 9, 2018

Road to Wellness: What I have been up to during the 1st 2 weeks of my medical leave

This post is to share with you what I have been up to during these 2 weeks that I was on medical leave.  

I was given new medicine to combat the more frequent/recurring occurences of anxiety.  Anxiety, in my case, manifests even during serene, quiet moments such as when I was in a bus, when I am quietly seated in my office desk.  My anxiety attacks are characterized by trembling, cold and sweaty hands, palpitations and uneasiness/discomfort.  

My doctor gave me new medicine that caused me more discomfort, making it terrible for me to stand and walk during the first week that I took the medicine.  Aside from that, I was basically low morale, very sensitive and exhausted.  Given these side effects, my doctor decided to give me this medical leave so that I will be in a "controlled environment" as the medicine take effect.  I have weekly doctor appointment for check-up though.

During these weeks, even if I am in the comforts of my home, I made myself busy doing the following: 

1.  I dedicated a great deal of my time doing basic yoga, meditation and long walks in my area.  



2.  I regularly do acupuncture and therapeutic massage. 

***not my photo. 


3.  I faithfully walk my son, drop him off to the school. i also completed arrangements for his summer camp.  Praise God!!

4.  I cook family meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jejejeje 

5.  I surround myself and fill our home with beautiful flowers.  I have very beautiful pink and white peonies and pink daisies!! 



6.  I religiously go to the Church and say my thanks to my savior and asks for his blessings for my petitions.  

 Iglesia de Jesus de Medinacelli
Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de las Delicias 

7.  I binged watch in Netflix, Something in the Rain, a Korean drama/love story that gives some good, giddy teeny bopper feels. Hahahaha  Hubby and I also had a date night and we watched Han Solo.  

 *** not my photo from the internet
 
*** not my photo from the internet

8.  I regularly check my office phone and connect through my office laptop attending to some urgent items and initiatives. 

 *** not my photo from the internet

9.  I am reading 3 self help books. 

10.  I AM JUST TAKING IT EASY. SEIZING THE MOMENT AND TAKING LOTS OF CARE.  



So help me God.  :) Thank you my Lord and my God and I know there is no wound nor ailment that you cannot heal.  In your perfect time. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment