Sunday, February 25, 2018

My Journey to Overcoming Anxiety: Living and Dealing with Anxiety

I am trying to slow down a bit in my very busy schedule.  As an active, hands on, on the go working mom, I wake up busy and I end up my day very busy.  Anxiety is my body´s signal, warning telling me to take it slow, to take time to smell the flowers, that it is okay if I do not follow my routine and that I prioritize. 

This week, I had 3 anxiety warnings and thank God, I was able to relax right away.  The latest took place Saturday afternoon, in the grocery with my son.  I am thankful, but really grateful that my son understands what I am going through.  He is only 7 years old but when I told him that I am not feeling well, he took the lead and put all the grocery items on the cashier´s deck.  

I am hopeful and prayerful that I will get out of this situation or be able to deal with amxiety as it occurs.  

In order to assist me to destress and take it easy, I am identifying my activities and what really consumes me.  Is it the long commute to work?  Long hours at work and in the process demands at work?  Is it the household chores that I have to do when I get home from work?  I am doing a retrospective of my day to day activities in order to pace it. Also, I am incorporating my diaphragm breathing exercises to help me get by in my day to day schedule.  I also find time to incorporate basic yoga and meditation positions in my night routine.  

I also have my simple mandala coloring books which I work on during my free time.  

I have also enrolled in meditation/relaxation activities to give me that time of the week to help me disconnect.  This is also helping me secure techniques to help me be calm, be at peace with myself, with my world and with my surroundings.  

I love massage!  I have 2 go to massage clinics here in Madrid.  I have a massage clinic where I go for more therapeutic massages and for the times that I want to indulge, I go to a more posh wellness spa.  

I pray a lot to seek for God´s mercy and compassion.  I am confident that as the days pass by, I will be able to deal with this more graciously.  Thank you my dear Lord for your grace and for your generosity.  


Photo Courtesy of art thai massage 



Photo Courtesy of relaxing records

No comments:

Post a Comment