Sunday, May 20, 2018

Valencia in 8 hours.. A memorable day trip..

As you may know by now, I am a foreigner living in the beautiful country of Spain. I am happy and content with my life here in Spain but everytime there is an opportunity to meet up and touchbase with family, relatives, friends and former colleagues who are visiting Spain, I get all giddy and excited and I do my best effort to see/meet-up with them.

My excitement was painted all over my face when I found out that my youngest brother who currently works as a photographer in an international cruise line is going to Spain. 

After evaluating their Spain itinerary,  Valencia was the most feasible option as it can be reached via the high speed train, travelling time is bearable for a day trip and train fare is fairly reasonable. My vacation leave was approved and I purchased my train ticket. The only downer was that my precious son was unable to join us due to school commitments. 

The much awaited day happened and I reunited with my youngest brother. I took the earliest train trip and arrived safely in Valencia, Joaquin Sorolla train station. From there I took a cab that took me to the Valencia Port. 

The moment I stepped out of the cab, my brother and I were locked in a very tight embrace. Nothing beats that typical , familiar warmth of siblings love. Hehehe

I was given the opportunity to tour the cruise, my first time. We went to the top deck and we were blessed with a beautiful weather and an awesome panoramic view of the port and the city. 

Afterwards, we went to tour the old, historic part of Valencia city center. We went to the Mercat Central which boasts of its beautiful dome. We also explored the Valencia Cathedral, there is an entrance fee of 8€/head to see the Cathedral and its museum. We also went to visit the Plaza de la Reina, Plaza de la Virgen and did some shopping for my baby brother.

We moved around in taxi, as I was panting and exhausted hehehe old age and it wss practical, as we have limited time.  The taxi drivers were very helpful. There is a minimum rate of 4€ for the shortest distance. 

We had lunch in an Asian Restaurant which I found in Trip Advisor. My brother was craving for Filipino dishes and this restaurant, Tuktuk Asian Streetfood Restaurant in Valencia is located in the city center, in Gran Via. It serves a fusion of Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese food. It was economical, service was great and food was delish!!

The intense, jampacked, beautiful day came to its end, my brother had to go back to cruise for his calltime and I had to catch my train back to Madrid. 

Thank you Valencia for this beautiful and memorable trip. Thank you to  my brother who organized my tour in the cruise, to his colleagues and bosses who were kind to me and to my brother (when you are far from home and your love ones, your colleagues become your friends and sometimes your family), to my husband and son for the love and support and to You my Savior, My Lord, for your mercy, healing grace and blessings.

It was indeed a beautiful day and trip. 


 Valencia Cathedral
 Mercat Central Valencia - locals and tourists shop here.. a snapshot of the mercat's (mercado, market) dome
 Brother dear and I in the topdeck area of the cruise ship
 Brother and I in Tuktuk Asian Village Resto in Gran Via, city center of Valencia
In Plaza de la Virgen
 Shots of Valencia city center

Shots of Valencia city center


No comments:

Post a Comment