Sunday, April 26, 2020

Covid Chronicles: My personal list after the quarantine

Today, April 26, after 46 days of confinement, the Spain government allowed the children, infant to 12 years old, to go outdoors.  This is a milestone as we are flattening the curve, there are lower incidents of new Covid cases and for the past few days, the statistics of the treated patients are higher than the victims.  Praise and Thank God for His mercy and healing grace. 

My son was hesitant to go out but eventually, he did go out with dad for a quick outdoor experience, complying with the social distancing and safety protocols laid out by the government. 

I hope and pray that albeit slow, we will be able to establish our lifestyle and adapt to the new normal.  I am hopeful that small and medium sized businesses, that self employed entrepreneurs will be able to get back to full operations, that we will be able to report back physically to our offices, that school will resume and that we will be able to take the public transport again and many other things, as these would signify that we are beating the covid.  

In the meantime, here is a short personal list of the shops, bars, restos and activities that I will indulge myself into when the confinement is lifted and we adjust to our new normal.  Note:  This is a very personal list.  This is a reflection of what I truly, terribly missed at a personal, whimsy level. 

I will dine at or order to go at: 
1. Bite Me Cafe - they serve the most delicious, innovative flavors of artisan vegan donuts/halos. 
2. Restaurante Veronica - they have the most delicious home made foie, good food and desserts in general, fanciful interior, amazing service and lovely people! We are regulars since 2006! They´ve seen me when I was pregnant and my son is growing up in their eyes as well! 
3. Go Hyang Mat - the best Korean restaurant in the city! And it is in my neighborhood! They serve the best JapChae, Bulgogi, Bibimbap, Jemulyeon, Rice cakes! Everything is delicious and really affordable! 
4. Hattori Hanzo - a fusion Japanese resto that serves really refreshing ramen, baos and takoyaki! Delicious! 
5. Taberna Maceira - our go to place for quick, economical, classic Spanish tapas and cuisine. They have the classic pulpo (octopus), croquettes, chorizo (I am drooling as I write this hahahah) 😊😉😋 And they have refreshing wine and classic Spanish desserts! 
6. Five Guys Burger - my go to fastfood and comfort food - hamburger or hotdog with cheese and milkshake 😋😋😋
7. Pasteleria Mallorca - freshly baked canapes, pastries and healthy comfort food 
8. O Paso De Lugo - classic spanish cuisine, really good good food - callos, tapas, lacon, everything is just good in this resto! Really love this!! And its in my neighborhood!! 

I will go to: 
1. Churches:  I would love to go back to Jesus de Medinacelli, Nuestra Señora del Carmen, Almudena Church or just simply be in the church in my friendly neighborhood. 
2. Retiro Park 
3. C/Huertas, Sol, Calle Arenal, Gran Via, Plaza de España, Callao
4. Cercedilla for a hiking or walking 
5. Paseo Castellana for a long (approx. 7,5 kms) and tranquil walk 
6. Casa de Campo for a long quiet walk and to have some sort of "nature feels" 
7. Madrid Rio 
8. Museo de Ferrocarril 
9. Museums - Reina Sofia, Thyssen, Prado

I will avail of the following services: 
1. Acupuncture, Kobido and Ventosa massage at Yo Me Cuido
2. Foot Spa and pedicure
3. Full Body Massage at The Organic Spa
4. Eyebrows waxing/trimming and facial hair removal 
5. Hand waxing 

I feel like dreaming as I write this.  I am seizing the day.  I know in God´s perfect time, everything will fall into place and we will be able to enjoy our new normal. In the meantime, let us continue to trust the process, do our part so that we will continue to combat covid and as what they say in the kdramas, "AJA! HWAITING!" (which means: Never give up, never stop fighting, Fighting!). 








No comments:

Post a Comment