Tuesday, April 7, 2020

My Lovestory with Asiandramas

Netflix catalogue and the latest in streaming has been a staple group conversation topic in this time of quarantine.  I get all thrilled seeing comments, images, features on Korean dramas in my feed!  Kdramas give a totally wholesome feel good and giddy impact. It´s funny because as the years go by, as more and more kdramas are produced, they just keep getting better!! 

I am now in my early 40s but kdramas continue to give me the feels! It all started when I was in my mid-20s. It was triggered by my first ever asian drama, Meteor Garden. It was a phenomenal hit! The lead actors were just so handsome, not the stereotype looks. The story is shallow and too much for middle schoolers, a lot of bullying, but as a young professional in my mid 20s, I got so hooked! 

From Meteor Garden, Taiwan based asian drama, the subsequent dramas that I invested my time on were Korean dramas.  I started watching kdramas in my mid 20s, took a pause when I was on my 3rd year here in Spain and resumed watching 3 years after and from then on, so far so good. The list just keeps getting longer!! :D:D:D:D I still remember my "commuting days" - after a productive day at work, I lwould leave the office on time to make sure that I reach the primetime block (1930h) in the Philippine television. 😄😅

Kdramas tick because of the storyline. It tackles love, family, love triangle, ambitions, values, beliefs and all sorts of relationships.  Needless to say, the lead actors are just so gorgeous! Poreless! Beautiful! Eye candies!  They are oh so fashionable as well! There is something with the way the leads look at each other as they profess their love! The kdramas also paved the way for the famous Kdrama heart sign. 

Kdramas are good stress busters, stress relievers. A glimpse of the gorgeous Korean leads is a perfect way to cap my busy, demanding and strenuous week combined by family and work obligations. I get so thrilled, I would scream like a giddy teenager and my husband gushes and supports me! Isn´t that amazing? 

I am self confessed Asian drama fan and I am proud of it! It has helped me as I coped with my anxiety and with my busy lifestyle as a working mom.  It has been a perennial topic with my closest friends and it rekindles so many good and beautiful memories.  

I would like to share with you a shortlist of my favorite Kdramas, Actors and Playlists. 
Warning: Some our super old, which is a reflection of my age/generation. :D

Kdramas: 
7. Goblin

Playlists:  
1.Legend of the Blue Sea - Someday, Somewhere (by Sung Si Kyung) 
2. Moon Embracing the Sun - Tears falling like Today and Every Moment of You (by Sung Si Kyung) 
3. Two People (by Sung Si Kyung) 
4. Last Love (by Kim Bum Soo) 
5. Lee Min Ho´s My Everything and Always 
3. Love Letter 


The Hearthrobs: 
(all photos not mine. CTTO. All photos grabbed from the net. Thank you). 






1 comment: